Did you know…?
- That those who consumed fruit drinks with sugar added on a daily basis had a 42% greater likelihood of experiencing cardiovascular disease compared with those who didn’t drink sugary beverages at all. (The study’s definition of “fruit drink” excluded fruit juices and only included flavored fruity drinks in which sugar was added.)
- That men who drank two or more servings of Diet Coke (per day) had a 23% higher risk of developing heart failure and other studies show a 29% increase of stroke and heart disease.
- That drinking Diet Sodas actually causes you to GAIN weight. Researchers from the University of Texas found that over the course of about a decade, diet soda drinkers had a 70% greater increase in waist circumference compared with non-drinkers.
- It leads to Diabetes. Drinking one diet soda a day was associated with a 36% increased risk of metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
- It causes headaches.
- It erodes teeth just like a Methamphetamine user!
- Mixing diet soda with alcohol gets you drunk faster and so is more dangerous.
- It causes depression.
And we could go on and on about all the bad effects of soda.
To live a longer and more healthy life, do not drink any soda ever. It is poison to your system. Instead, drink water, vegetable juices, coffee, tea, and an occasional red wine.